The truth behind Eyelash Extensions.
Individually glued to each one of your existing upper eyelashes with a cyanoacrylate-based glue, which is similar to a surgical adhesive,extensions add length and fullness to your lashes, minimizing the need to apply makeup. An extension is applied to one isolated lash at a time designed to last 2-4 weeks.
As we naturally have three stages of hair growth the extensions come along when your natural lash sheds. The Anagen is the active growth phase, in this particular phase the hair growth is taking place. Catagen is the transitioning phase, in this phase the hair growth has come to a stop. last but not least is the Telogen phase, this is the final resting phase for the lash when completed the hair naturally sheds and the bulb returns to the Anagen phase to start the cycle again. We shed 3-6 lashes per day, if you notice a few lash extensions falling off the first day don't worry this is normal.
Should I be careful who applies the eyelash extensions and should they be trained?
Absolutely, we cannot stress the importance of choosing an eyelash technician who has been taught by a qualified and experienced technician. There are many eyelash extension operators who are claiming to have been professionally trained but have been self taught via the internet and these operators are also using poor quality products bought on ebay. This is disastrous and at Beautyful You we are having more and more distressed ladies contacting us for help and advise as they have had a bad experience by one of the many self taught people. Please do your research thoroughly and ask many questions.
How long do they last?
Approximately 2-4 weeks if you respect your new lashes and take care of them. Remember this is a semi-permanent beauty procedure. Do not be duped by those who promise “permanent” extensions or attachments that last for 2+ months. A real lash’s life cycle is around 25-28 days, and as yours grow and fall out, so will the synthetic ones that are attached. If your hair and nails grow quickly then that may indicate that your lashes also are growing, shedding and renewing themselves quickly so you may find that your lashes will not last as long as someone whose hair growth is slow. Your life style and what work you do will also make a difference how long they last. A ladies lashes working in the food industry where there is alot of heat, steam and oil may not last as well as a lady who works in an air conditioned office. Eyelash extensions will not last for three months, this is false advertising by salons and inexperienced people.
Can I still wear eye makeup?
Yes, but you won’t need mascara and you may even find you won’t need eyeliner, but you can still use eyeliner and eye shadows as usual but remember to remove with a product that does not contain oil of any kind as this will affect the glue. It is recommended to remove eyeliner and eye shadow using a damp cotton bud and a small amount of eye make-up remover and gently running it along the eyeliner to remove it. To remove eye shadow wet a cotton wipe and eye make-up remover and gently remove eye shadow in a side and upward movement not down onto the eyelash extensions. Wiping down towards the lashes will cause a build up of makeup on the lashes and may lessen the life of them.
Can I curl or perm eyelash extensions?
No, do not perm your beautiful new eyelash extensions. Anyway you won’t have to as the extension lashes hold their lovely shape. Using a clamp eyelash curler is not recommended and will lessen the life of your eyelash extensions and perhaps damage them. You can however use a heated eyelash curler but do not over use it only using it when necessary.
What are in-fills, why do I need them and how often do I need them?
In-fills are when the natural eyelash has fallen out (due to the eyelash cycle) and there has been an extension lash applied to it. You will require in-fills every 2-4 weeks if you would like to achieve a consistently full fresh set of lashes. We take the time to remove any eyelash extensions that has either grown out to far or are not sitting correctly. Please note that we do not stack the lash extensions as other operators do. Please refer to Eyelash Pricing. For in-fill bookings allow approximately 1 hour depending on how long in between fills.
Are eyelash extensions suitable for everyone?
Anyone of any age can have eyelash extensions applied as long as there is a natural lash to glue the extension onto. Ladies who have undergone chemotherapy and their lashes are starting to grow back also love eyelash extensions. Celebrities such as Britany Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Hillary Duff, Paris Hilton, Tyra Banks, Eva Longoria and Victoria Beckham all wear eyelash extensions. Because the eyelash extensions are so natural anyone could be wearing them and you wouldn't know. They are also suitable for people who wear contact lenses and glasses. Rosie has applied eyelash extensions to clients as young as 15 years old and as mature as 62 years old.
Why should I get eyelash extensions?
- It will cut your beauty routine time down in the mornings
- No running or streaking mascara
- The good news is that eyelash extensions make you able to flutter your lashes beautifully without mascara
- Lasts from 2-4 weeks with proper maintenance
- No operation, no pain - non-invasive procedure
- Safe in showers, swimming pools and saunas
- Weightless and very natural looking
- Eyelashes will appear longer, fuller and darker
- Your eyes will look bigger, more defined & gorgeous even with no make up
- Great for people who wear contact lenses
- Perfect for brides, moms on the run and busy people
- Ladies who can't wear mascara
Lash Extension Preparation Before You Come to Your Appointment
- Remove all eye makeup and clean your lashes with mild, oil-free, water based cleanser with a lint-free cloth. Do not use makeup remover pads as the tiny fibers attach to your lashes and have to be removed before lash application.
- Remove your contact lenses or bring a case with you to remove the lenses prior to eyelash application.
- Limit your intake of caffeine before you come. Caffeine can cause your eyelashes to flutter making application more difficult resulting in fewer lashes applied. Plan on spending two hours for your appointment.
- You may bring an iPod if you would like.
- It may sound silly, but limit your intake of liquids before your appointment, if you must get up during the appointment, it will lower the amount of lashes that can be applied with in your appointment time frame.
What to Expect During Your Appointment:
- I will apply a sticker to cover your lower eyelashes and you must keep your eyes closed until the completion of your eyelash application.
- You should not feel any discomfort during the eyelash application, it is very relaxing for most people and you may fall asleep.
- When I instruct you to open your eyes, there may be slight discomfort from the glue fumes, this is unlikely however and will go away quickly if it does occur.
Aftercare Instructions: The First Day
- Do not plan on wearing any mascara or getting your lashes wet for 24 hours after eyelash application. Also, do not swim, shower, use a hot tub, steam room or sauna for 24 hours. The adhesive takes a full 24 hours to fully cure.
- Make sure you do not sleep on your lashes the first night. If you can prop your head so you lashes are not pushed on during your first night’s sleep, your lashes will last much longer.
Aftercare Instructions: General
- Avoid any cosmetic product or cleanser containing glycols, organic solvents, urea, carbonate or high concentrations of alcohol. Products with these ingredients can potentially break down the adhesive bond and shorten the lifespan of the extensions.
- Mascara is no recommended specially not waterproof mascara. Please note that repeated use of mascara will shorten the lifespan of your Eyelash Extensions, and if you absolutely need to wear mascara only apply to the bottom lashes.
- Curling of Eyelash Extensions is not recommended. Because the extensions come re-curled, additional curling is not necessary and doing so may shorten the lifespan of the extensions by compromising the adhesive bond.
- Avoid pulling, picking or twisting your lash extensions. This can cause damage to your natural lashes and lead to premature shedding of your extensions.
- DO NOT! under any circumstance try to remove the extensions your self, see a trained professional for eyelash removal.
- Use a lash wand to fluff your extensions to reduce tangling and flipping every morning and evening.
- Return for touch-ups every 2-3 weeks to keep your lashes looking their best!
General and Cancelation policy's:
- Microblading touchups are to be done with in the 6-8 week time frame for the 6-8 week touch up cost to be valid anything beyond this can/will result in price increase according to the amount of work needed.
- A non-refundable deposit is required for the microblading initial procedure and new client full sets. Deposit are required with in 24hrs of booking the appointment, if not taken care of with in the timely manner appointments will be subjected to cancelation.
- Clients have up to 48 hours prior to appointment to reschedule an appointment, and the deposit (if any given) still be redeemable at the rescheduled time. Anything after will result in the forfeit of the deposit and a new deposit will be required to schedule a new appointment.
- Same day cancelations are subjected to a cancelation fee which will be added to their balance during checkout at next appointment. First time cancelation fee will be 50% of service cost, constant cancelations will result in a cancellation fee of 100% of service cost.
- No call No shows and constant cancelations will result in the denial of future services (we respect your time as we do ask you please respect ours).